Senior Residential Worker -LGBTQ2+ Community
As a neighborhood-based organization, our purpose is to strengthen the health and vitality of community by:
- identifying and responding to community needs,
- collaborating to enhance the lives of those we serve,
- cultivating effective, sustainable partnerships.
We are currently looking for a self-directed, engaging, empathetic Senior Residential Child and Youth
Worker with some supervisory experience to join our growing team. Reporting to the Program
Coordinator, the Senior Residence Worker will provide support to program youth and staff through
care plans that develop social and life skills while living in a collaborative team environment. The
program, located in Langley, is a 24 hour emergency receiving home for youth between the ages of 12
to 19 who are in need of short term stabilization.
- JOB POSTING: 2021-0100SnrRW- LGBTQ2+ community
- DATE: January 29, 2021
- POSITION: Permanent Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 4 ON 4 OFF with On Call Duties
- 7:30 AM -3:30 PM
- SALARY RANGE: Grid 12 - $24.37 – $27.06 per hour
- BENEFITS: Full Benefits – Extended Health, Dental, RRSP (post-probation)
- VACATION: As per ESS policy
- START DATE: ASAP
- CLOSING: Open until filled
- Assist the Program Coordinator in providing orientation, training, work direction and guidance to
- residence workers by performing duties such as clarifying program policies, reviewing work, and
- scheduling residence workers. Provides input to residence workers’ performance evaluations.
- May oversee the operation of the residence in the absence of the Program Coordinator or as directed.
- Participates in the assessment, goal setting and program planning (Personal Service Plan) for
- individuals living in a residence. Documents, implements, and provides input into the evaluation of
- the program.
- Provides life skills training such as meal preparation, housekeeping, personal care skills and
- personal finance and implements personal service plans.
- Recognizes, analyzes and deals with potential emergency situations such as client’s aggressive
- behavior to ensure no harm comes to the clients and/or the public. Reports problems to the
- Program Coordinator.
- Administers medication to clients in accordance with established policy.
- Assists with case management by identifying potential problems and reporting any difficulties.
- Provides input to counsellor, professional with regard to the development of appropriate program
- plans to achieve residents’ objectives. Contributes to the evaluation of residents’’ progress and
- prepares reports.
We are interested in candidates with the following Qualifications:
Education and Knowledge
- Certificate in a related human/social service Field
- Current knowledge of issues and resources related to youth at-risk, mental
- health, homelessness, addictions, and poverty issues.
Training and Experience
- Must have supervisory experience
- Must have Two (2) years or a combination of recent related experience working
- with, being actively involved with or identify as part of the LGBTQ2+
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide leadership within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving, conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills
- Strong assessment and treatment planning skills to assist residents with life
- skills training.
- Must possess a valid BC Class 5 Drivers’ License and have a reliable
- vehicle(mileage paid for work use)
- Mandatory Criminal Record check
- Prior Contact/Child Welfare Check
- Mandatory Physical/Medical Information Check
- First Aid certification
- Primary source credential verification
- Driver’s Abstract review
Send Resume and Covering Letter quoting job posting number to:
ATTN: Human Resources, Encompass Support Services Society
Address: #103 - 20230 64th Avenue, Langley BC V2Y 1N3
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please no phone calls.